Friday 19 March 2010

Zim Zimma...who's got the keys to my beama?

Shower was a success I’m sure you’re all glad to know. Although it did involve being naked in front of my mum for the first time in about 25 years. Very strange. And I actually left the house today and hung out with my new crew. This crew consists of the girls from school who have migrated back to the country to rear children and the boys from school who've persuaded their glamorous london girlfriends to come and live 5 doors from their mum's. Not that I ever didn’t hang out with them, but not as often as I probably should. Now they are my lifeline (thanks for today Kath and Rach). These are the people that used to be easily impressed with my rubbish stories from the big smoke like what D list celeb I am working with at any given time or that I attended a party in a multi story carpark the previous weekend. It’s brilliant, only in the country am I regarded as anywhere near ‘cool’ or ‘fashionable’. It’s like an exchange, they tell me about baking (well this is a lie, I eat cakes that they make) and I introduce new words to their vocab like most recently ‘dubstep’ (what are you doing for nye em? A dubstep night? What’s that, is it like a new dance, like 'doing the dubstep'?) Now, as i'm sat here with a small inidentifiable food stain on my primark tracksuit bottoms I'm worried I'll blow my cover!

Tonight’s highlight is that I’m going to try out a new bit of apparatus. No its not the balance beam. It’s a zimmer frame trolley on wheels (above). Every day mum seems to come back with a new bit of plastic from the red cross that is to aid in my recovery. The first to appear was a commode. This I took one look at and promised that I’d rather break my other leg trying to get to the toilet than use it. Especially as these things are LOANED. Other gadgets include the getting off the loo handle bars (right), and a snazzy wheel chair that a large hinge fell off of the other day so am a little dubious about using. So I’m not sure how this zim zimmer’s going to work as I’ve got to use crutches and hop at the same time. Maybe I can sit on it and push myself round with one leg, and balance my tea on the lower tray. I’m really not sure. Ideas welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment