Thursday 18 March 2010

Showers expected


Day 18 in the little house on the prarie.. my window's open and it smells of horse shit. Had physio last night, managed not to cry. tick. So they're not sure if the muscle above my knee works, like i might have shattered nerves or something. A little worrying. Mostly because i'm gonna have one normal leg and one really really skinny leg in a couple months. A feature that my lovely friend Sarah has highlighted in my get well card. (pan right...) Thanks Saz! I do have a nice hat on and a t shirt with a chicken on it though. Every cloud...

Have a milestone coming up tonight, first shower since the accident. Pretty gross I know, but I'd like to say I have been posh washing. So the plan at the moment, involves a plastic bag thing that goes over my leg, and one of the garden chairs. So me, in a bikini (just in case of embarrassing disaster involving falling over, naked, knocking myself out, mum and dad, ambulance men etc), on what basically is a sun lounger, in a shower. Weird. Can't wait to wash my own hair. Previously it's taken 3 members of my family, a wheel chair, a washing up bowl and 2 saucepans. I'll let you know if this is any less chaotic..

2 comments:

  1. Pleased to know you have had a good wash....Totally mortified that you put that drawing on there...even more mortified that i drew one leg thinner than the other.. I didn't mean to draw your dodgy leg thinner. I noticed it and thought, oh no, now I'll have to point out that it is thinner, cos I didn't want you to think it was on purpose, now you think it was on purpose. It's safe to say i am completely and utterly artisically inept in the drawing of legs department...i await the next thrilling installment of Em aka thegirlwithaboneyleg. That isnt meant to be Sarcastic, I'm writing a 5000 word essay on the Sierra Leone peeacebuilding operation....I need cheered up! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's been that long since you've washed are you sure the bad smell is coming from 'outside'? Can't imagine that your legs are going to get much skinnier though to be honest... good luck with that x

    ReplyDelete