Wednesday 28 April 2010

Work it baby, work it

As Paula Abdul said back in in 1988 'I take 2 steps forward, I take 2 steps back.' I hear ya Paula, I've been relagated to hopping again, as I managed to fall like a proper OAP down those last few pesky stairs the other day and mangled my ankle. Gutted. Where was that Stenah stairlift when I needed it. I'd started going to the gym and everything. Well I'd dug out my gym 'outfits' from back in the day when I went out with a professional sportsman and pretended I was 'sporty', and joined a local gym for a trial. Mainly I was rocking up looking like I was about to run a marathon then would just sit on various weight machines admiring all those able bodies... Ooh I also started swimming which was brilliant. Especially as I didn't have to use 'The Hoist' as threatened by my induction lady. Anyway fingers crossed I can get back on it soon.

In other news.. I'm having a sort of sliding doors moment (but realising at the same time, so not really then, more of a crossroads. but I was going for a Gweneth Paltrow analogy since i've had my hair cut). I have been offered probably the most harrowing of temp jobs back here. They call it 'market research' but it basically means we sit like battery chickens in little booths calling people who would rather eat their own arm than talk to you. (how would chickens hold a phone?? oh they could wear headsets, fair enough.) All for the dizzying wage of £6 an hour. I had to work it out on a calculator but I think it gives me about 230 a week!! However this would enable me to work up until June and have some cash to go on hols with my friends to Bali (flipping brilliant). But also mean that come June I am jobless, penniless and still living with my parents (oh so bad). The other signpost in this crossroads thing, or tube train if we're back on the sliding doors tip...is that i'm also going to interviews for telly jobs to start asap. This would mean no hol (very sad) but a job and a flat in london (very grown up). So sensible emily is currently in battle with fuck it emily. I'm hoping fuck it emily is gonna kick some ass to be honest. Oh and I met my 'team' today. Oh lordy. A couple of spotty awkward looking students, who couldn't look me in the eye cos i'm a girl, a larger lady who has obviously been doing it for far too long and takes it ridiculously seriously - she showed me a bar graph! And one slightly remidial guy who I'm sure I remember as the weird guy who used to ride the train and threaten to show us his penis on our way to school. Eeek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment