Tuesday 13 April 2010

London Calling...sorry, can I pop you on hold?

I've been a little absent from the blog of late as I've been up in London town. Very exciting! I got an actual bus and everything (did you know that us crips ride the bus for free??) I've basically been receiving guests at various locations across town. Much like the Queen. But in better outfits. Marginally... Thank god I have the dynamic of friends that ranges from new mums to out of work tv producers. 'Doing lunch' became my working week - fantastic. I even got back on the fun wagon - and have discovered I'm an even cheaper date than before. I think it took me exactly 0.5 glasses of wine to get pretty smashed - brilliant! So other activities apart from lunching and boozing included a little trip to a sunbed. I know, a bit naughty but I was starting to resemble Gollum from Lord of The Rings so I thought I'd have a go. Easier than it sounds. It was in fact a stand up one, which meant that at one point I was naked with those things over my eyes so i couldnt see where I was going, trying to hobble up with crutches into what is bascially a very hot verticle coffin. Ironically, I thought if I fall this is not the way i want to go. Then I had to stand on one leg for 8 minutes - way harder than it sounds. (Flamingo's - I satute you. )

Anyway, so it was amazing to feel like I was part of society again. Sadly I've been put back to pasture now and am back in the sticks. But after my hospital appointment yesterday have been given the all clear to put 50% weight on my leg. whoop! Although i am currently finding it hard to determine this exact figure as i walk... thats 42...47...50 - bingo. Ooh and I got rid of my boot! Great, but also just makes me look like a massive faker, now i've got no boot or cast. I'm thinking when i get the tube and need a seat i'm gonna have to wear a t shirt with my xray on it. Or get a small but slightly righteous badge like the baby on board ones. 'I am crippled and sad and all alone.... MOVE you fat lazy shit. It's not like you havent sat at your desk all day playing online poker.' Not sure if it would fit though...

Exciting things are afoot tomorrow, I'm heading to bluewater - eek! My mum wants to put me in a motorised scooter that they have there but i'm determined not to look like an elderly lady on her way to John lewis to look at soft furnishings and toasters. Which is exactly what i'll be doing...

1 comment:

  1. Put more semi-naked pictures up - I liked that better.

    ReplyDelete